Natural Earth Paint
The Complete Eco-Friendly Artists Oil Paint Kit
How to Create Oil Paint
1. Scoop a pile of pigment onto a glass palette.
2. Create a small hole at the top of the pile, like a volcano.
3. Add about 30% by volume of walnut or linseed oil. All natural pigments absorb liquid differently and in different amounts. Just add drops of oil and mix until a thick paste forms - you don't want it too thin!
4. Mix with palette knife or glass muller.
5. Thin paints and clean brushes with Eco-Solve, a 100% soybean based solvent.
6. Optional - Varnish final painting with Natural Varnish.
This Kit Contains
- 10 2 oz. Earth & Mineral Pigment packets, including Venetian Red, Orange Ochre, Yellow Ochre, Terre Verte, Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Purple, Black Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White Rutile, and Burnt Umber
- 4 oz. Refined Walnut Oil packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle
- 4 oz. Eco-Solve packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle
- Eco Oil Painting Guide & Mixing Instructions
Note: Each pigment color is a unique material with a different set of characteristics, such as liquid absorbency, volume, texture, tinting strength, drying time, and granulation. Because of these characteristics, they each require a different volume of oil to create the desired paint consistency.
Mixing tools not included.
This pigment is made by Natural Earth Paints, an eco-friendly company who have recieved the Gold certification from Green America. They use locally made,100% post consumer recycled packaging, biodegradable plastic bags and recyclable glass bottles. They operate out of a 100% solar powered facility and give back to their community through donations and environmental campaigns such as tree planting.