Natural Earth Paint
Natural Earth - Titanium White Rutile Pigment
How to Use This Pigment to Create Oil Paint
1. Scoop a pile of pigment onto a glass palette.
2. Create a small hole at the top of the pile, like a volcano.
3. Add about 30% by volume of walnut or linseed oil. All natural pigments absorb liquid differently and in different amounts. Just add drops of oil and mix until a thick paste forms - you don't want it too thin!
4. Mix with palette knife or glass muller.
5. Thin paints and clean brushes with Eco-Solve, a 100% soybean based solvent.
6. Optional - Varnish final painting with Natural Varnish.
Titanium Dioxide is toxic to breathe in large amounts. Wear mask when mixing in dry form.
An opaque white pigment with high opacity to use alone or lighten other colours.
PW6, Excellent Lightfastness
How This Pigment Is Made
Titanium dioxide with Rutile. Rutile is a mineral sand and processed to extract the pure white mineral.
This pigment is made by Natural Earth Paints, an eco-friendly company who have recieved the Gold certification from Green America. They use locally made,100% post consumer recycled packaging, biodegradable plastic bags and recyclable glass bottles. They operate out of a 100% solar powered facility and give back to their community through donations and environmental campaigns such as tree planting.