Natural Earth Paint
Natural Earth - Orange Ochre Pigment
How to Use This Pigment to Create Oil Paint
1. Scoop a pile of pigment onto a glass palette.
2. Create a small hole at the top of the pile, like a volcano.
3. Add about 30% by volume of walnut or linseed oil. All natural pigments absorb liquid differently and in different amounts. Just add drops of oil and mix until a thick paste forms - you don't want it too thin!
4. Mix with palette knife or glass muller.
5. Thin paints and clean brushes with Eco-Solve, a 100% soybean based solvent.
6. Optional - Varnish final painting withNatural Varnish.
PY43, Excellent Lightfastness
How This Pigment Is Made
This natural iron oxide pigment originates from a quarry in France.
This pigment is made by Natural Earth Paints, an eco-friendly company who have recieved the Gold certification from Green America. They use locally made,100% post consumer recycled packaging, biodegradable plastic bags and recyclable glass bottles. They operate out of a 100% solar powered facility and give back to their community through donations and environmental campaigns such as tree planting.